Windows 8 asks you for Microsoft account password each time you boot your PC. It can be annoying if you’re someone who leaves their laptop at home and doesn’t want to have an extra step every time you turn on your computer. Thankfully, there is a way around it…
1. Boot your PC and enter your password.
2. Press Win-X (hold down the Windows key and then tap X).
3. In the pop-up menu that appears, click Command Prompt (Admin).
4. In the command prompt, type control userpasswords2, then press Enter.
5. In the User Accounts dialog that appears, uncheck the box marked Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
6. Click OK, then confirm the automatic sign-in option by entering your password (twice).